ut helping to bring your teens to have their divine encounter with Jesus and to change their lives forever. Santiago Retreat Center is a place of peace, prayer and a place where you can see God in all his glorious creation. Allow us the privilege to serve Jesus as we journey with you.
Confirmation 1 Retreat: The Passion of Christ
This introduction retreat to the Sacrament of Confirmation is intended for the teens to walk the journey that Jesus Christ walked over 2000 years ago as well as everyday though our Liturgy of the Eucharist. It is to help them understand His immense love, His Agape, that Jesus has for each of them and why He is willing to lay down His life for them. They will experience his sacrifice, his passion, Jesus’ death and Resurrection like never before. They will leave this encounter with Christ knowing that Christ is always with them and has absolute unconditional all forgiving love for them. They will leave with a desire and passion to go deeper in their faith and to truly look forward to the day when they can be sealed with the Holy Spirit.
Confirmation 2 Retreat: The Anointed
This Confirmation retreat is intended for 2nd year Confirmation Students to understand who the Holy Spirit truly is, how the Holy Spirit is there to guide, protect, love and sanctify their lives. They will come to know the Fruits and Gifts the Holy Spirit wants to give them and by accepting these gifts and fruits their lives will be much more enriched in every part of their existence. They will understand what it means to be and have the desire to be Sealed and Anointed. They will learn and experience our Saints and how the reliance of the Saints on the Holy Spirit brought them to the same sanctity that is available to each one of them. They will know the Saints are walking with them constantly and that the Saints are always with them, ready to assist them to live out the Faith God is calling them to.
Confirmation 1 & 2 Leadership Retreats: “Prepare Ye”
These Retreats are designed for the the entire or partial Confirmation Retreat Team members to gather together to bond and become one body in Christ. The Team becomes one unit and the Team goes through the same encounter experiences to reach a similar metanoia. This retreat is to help the Team to fully understand the Confirmation retreats they will minister on and they will be ready to love and serve all of the Confirmation Candidates. They will literally walk through their respective retreat as a team from beginning to end and spiritually as well as logistically prepare themselves to be ministers to the teens. Just as on either of the Confirmation Retreats, The Prepare Ye Retreat will give the Team the opportunity to pray together, build community together and to play together as a community as well as have very precious time to sit at the feet of Christ.
Possible Parish Needs from Santiago Retreat Center
- Band/Music Ministry
- Sacraments (Mass, Reconciliation)
- Team Members
- Meeting Rooms
- Dining Hall
- Low Ropes
- Adoration needs
- Sports equipment
- Stations of the Cross
- Contact Santiago Retreat Center and ask for a tour and a meeting with the Program Director.
- These Confirmation Retreats are designed for about 50-175 candidates. If you have a larger group than 175 candidates, it is recommended that you split the group in half and offer this retreat program twice to accommodate everyone.
- Go through Checklist to let us know your needs.
- Are you looking for a single Confirmation 1 or 2 Retreat, are you looking for 2 Confirmation Retreats or are you looking for the complete comprehensive 2 year “The Way” to Salvation Retreat Program?
- Do you wish to put on a Retreat that is facilitated by your own Confirmation Team or Parish Youth Ministry. Accommodations by Santiago Retreat Center.
- Do you need our help with a Retreat that is put on as a joint effort with Santiago Retreat Center Staff and your Confirmation Team/Parish Youth Ministry. Accommodations by Santiago Retreat Center.
- Do you need or wish to have a Retreat fully put on by the Staff of Santiago Retreat Center. Accommodations by Santiago Retreat Center.
- Choose from 4 different selections of Retreat:
- Basic: This retreat would offer the least expensive and least amount of frills but still a very powerful Retreat. You would receive the Retreat Binder with all programming instructions, outline and needs lists. You would need to personalize the retreat for your community. This retreat would be supported by Santiago Retreat Center and we would supply all necessary Accommodations, but we would not be providing any Team assistance, or Low Ropes. Meals would be very basic.
- Standard: For a little more impact, this Retreat offers all Accommodations, Low Ropes, standard Staff support for team, standard meals. You would receive the Retreat Binder with all programming instructions, outline and needs lists. You would need to personalize the retreat for your community.
- Deluxe: This Retreat is a complete collaboration of the Confirmation Team and the Staff of Santiago Retreat Center. This Retreat also offers all Accommodations including Low Ropes. You decide who is the Facilitator comes from (your team or ours). The price of this retreat will vary depending on what comes from us and what comes from the parish. You would receive the Retreat Binder with all programming instructions, outline and needs lists. We would gather together as one team to personalize the retreat for your group. We would offer the “Prepare Ye” preparation retreat for the team to build together and get to know the retreat backwards and forward.
- Premium: This Retreat is completely put on by the Staff of Santiago Retreat Center with the exception of the small group leaders. We will Facilitate this Retreat. This retreat includes all accommodations as well as the Low Ropes. The price of this retreat will also vary depending on who comes out for our speakers and music ministers. This retreat allows your Youth Minister to come and go. If the Youth Minister is an hourly employee, and since the Youth are coming to our (Santiago Retreat Center’s) event the youth minister can stay as long as the parish will allow, but would not need to stay here overnight. We would provide our Chaperones and Security for the safety of your candidates. Your Confirmation Team/Youth Ministry team is welcomed and very encouraged to be on the team as small group leader so as to bring the Retreat experience back to the parish community once the Retreat is over. You and your team would receive the Retreat Binder with all programming instructions, outline and needs lists. We would gather together as one team to personalize the retreat for your group. We would also offer the “Prepare Ye” preparation retreat for the premium level for the team, especially the small group leaders to build together and get to know the retreat backwards and forward.